How to Hire Freelancer Art Director
When you hire an art director for your video project, you need to choose someone who can effectively meld the supervisory role with the technical one and ensure that the end product meets the needs of the project. By combining their individual style and technique, a video art director needs support and guide the audience as they filter the information they receive and reach a particular conclusion.
Look for These Strengths
As a supervisor in the video process, an art director must be able to understand the role of those on their team in order to facilitate communication.
Be a storyteller by creating order and structure using both images and words
Effortlessly convey the meaning of a particular message
Be able to inspire and influence the members of their time while also appreciating the talents, expertise and strengths that each person brings to the table
Able to tap into their creative side while also tempering that with a sizable amount of practicality
A real people person who can effortlessly flow between roles as he or she works to pull the team together into a cohesive unit that produces high-quality work
5 Questions to Ask When Hiring an Art Director
1. What is your background? While you will have much of this information on hand, it is important to listen to what the individual notes as important in terms of their background.
2. What made you want to become an art director? Some people want to be a graphic designer or set designer without ever aspiring to the supervisory role. Learning about the thought process behind this can provide valuable insight into the person's mindset.
3. How long do you see yourself filling the role of art director? Investing in the industry makes it more likely that an art director will provide legacy work that they can be proud of.
4. What makes you a good art director? What areas can you improve upon? Hearing about a person's strengths and weaknesses from their own point of view is extremely insightful.
5. Why should you be hired for this project? Knowing the reasons why a person might chose a particular video art director gives you valuable information about their vision for their projects.
Are you ready to hire a art director? Now you know how.
There are currently over 410 freelance Art Directors on the 90 Seconds platform.
Last month Director's billed over 300 hours to clients all over the world.
Brands and agencies save on average $3000 by hiring through 90 Seconds vs traditional video production methods.
90 Seconds has Director's in 70 different countries, offering round the clock support for your project.