1. What information does 90 Seconds collect?
2. How does 90 Seconds use your information?
3. Sharing your information
4. Using products or services outside New Zealand
5. Protecting your information
6. Accessing your information
7. Internet use
This policy is provided for your information and doesn’t limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993
What information does 90 Seconds Limited collect?
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (for example, on an application or registration form, when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or through the way you use our products and services) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our suppliers or from marketing organisations and credit agencies).
Where possible, we will collect the information directly from you.
This information may include, your name, address, telephone numbers, bank account information, information on how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location, comments and messages, how much you spend, and information on your browsing activity (including the internet sites and pages visited by you, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the dates and times you log on and off our internet services)), the location of your mobile phone from time to time, lifestyle information and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services.
How does 90 Seconds Limited use your information?
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business such as:
1. Processing and evidencing your orders or applications;
2. Carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
3. Providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
4. Billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by you;
5. Settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
6. Dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
7. Carrying out market and product analysis, improvements to our products and services and marketing our and our group companies’ products and services generally;
8. Contacting you about our and our group companies’ products and services (unless you ask us in writing not to). Where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages don’t need to include an unsubscribe facility;
9. Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
10. Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
11. Providing aggregated user information to third parties (without at any time disclosing personal information about an identifiable individual
12. Generally customising your experience on our sites;
13. For general administrative and business purposes.
Sharing your information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties (some of which may be based outside of New Zealand). If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
1. Our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
2. Those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our freelancers, suppliers & customers
3. Credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise), who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
4. Anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
5. Anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the 90 Seconds Limited networks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
6. Anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our group companies, where your information is processed;
7. Persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
8. Aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers, customers, potential customers and partners;
9. Any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993 including with your prior authorisation which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
10. If you would like to opt-out of receiving 90 Seconds Limited marketing materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Using Products and services outside New Zealand
When using our products or services abroad, your information may be transferred outside New Zealand to that country. Our websites and systems and those of our group companies are based on servers often located outside of New Zealand. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside New Zealand may not be as comprehensive as the laws of this country.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to support@90Seconds.tv. Please quote your name and email address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
We will not be able to provide you personal information if we do not know or don’t have reasonable grounds to believe it is personal information about you or if disclosing the information would involve the unwarranted disclosure of the affairs of another individual.
You can request correction or amendment of the information held by us at any time and as often as necessary by sending us an e-mail to contacting us and specifying the information that you require changed. If it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to do so, we will make the requested change or correction, otherwise we’ll take reasonable steps to mark that information as having been subject to a change or correction request.
For further information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Some of our services are password-protected so that only you have access to your personal information. You should not reveal your password to other people and you should change it regularly. 90 Seconds Limited will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also, if you are using the internet, remember to sign out of your 90 Seconds Limited account and close your browser window when you have finished. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
1. Understand what you like and use about our website;
2. Understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
3. Provide a more enjoyable, customised service and experience,
4. Enable you to use certain services on our website; and
5. Help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
We also collect IP addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. We collect and manage IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
We may use a persistent cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above.